Oh my, these little gems are absolutely gorgeous! This is my dreamy white chocolate & raspberry recipe post for Valentines day and trust me, your other half will be made up with these! I will certainly be making these again this weekend for my boyfriend as he loved them!
These cupcakes have the colour of love filled inside from the fresh raspberry’s (with real chocolate chips running through the cakes too!) and the white chocolate ganache on top is just a taste sensation! I made these last weekend for my family and they were gone in two days I got the ganache recipe from The Great British Bake Off Show Stoppers Book and it tastes amazing! This recipe makes the ganache so it cools thick enough to pipe but it does advise that if you want runny ganache to pour over a cake use 100 ml cream and no butter Honestly, you have to try it! Let me know what you think of this bake by adding a comment at the bottom of the page p.s. if your looking for more treats for Valentines day check out these delicious ideas!
RecipeMakes 11 Prep Time 10mins Cook Time 25mins Difficulty: Easy
- 120g Butter
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 120g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 100g Halved Raspberry’s
- 50g White Chocolate Chips
- 80ml Double Cream
- 20g Butter
- 100g White Chocolate (chopped)
Instructions1. Pre-heat the oven to 180oc and line your bun tin with cake cases.
2. Mix together the butter and sugar.
3. Add one egg and a little flour and mix. Then add the next egg, a little flour and mix.
4. Once both eggs are mixed in add the rest of the flour and give it all a good stir.
5. Add the vanilla extract, halved raspberry’s and white chocolate chips and give your mixture a final stir.
6. Divide your mixture in to the bun cases and bake for around 25 mins (If your unsure if they are ready just prick with a fork and if the fork comes out clean then they are done!)
7. Once your cakes are cooked, leave to cool and then lets start the gorgeous ganache!
8. In a pan heat together the butter and cream until very warm but not boiling. Pour your melted mixture over the chopped white chocolate (chop the chocolate in to fairly small pieces so they melt) and leave for 2 mins then stir and make sure all chocolate has melted! (If your chocolate isn’t melting – like mine as I didn’t chop the chocolate – Just put the bowl over a pan of hot water and let it melt down)
9. Leave your ganache to cool for a good hour then give it a good whip with a wooden spoon which should thicken it up nicely so you can pipe Pipe a little bit of ganache on top of your cakes, top with a raspberry and finely dust with icing sugar. There you have it, gorgeous elegant & romantic cakes