Finding a good cookie recipe always used to seem so hard! Never really being able to match the ones you might get in coffee shops and in the £1.50 packets you get in the fresh bakery isle in supermarkets but honestly this is the best cookie recipe by far that works every time for me and I highly recommend it!
These American style cookies are chewy and soft, not to forget triple chocolate. Truly irresistible and just the recipe you’ve been looking for 😉 Give them a go and I’m sure all your friends will be impressed.
Servings: up to 16 Prep Time: 15mins Cooking Time: 10-12mins Type: Traybake Difficulty: Easy
- 110g/4oz Butter
- 200g/7oz Soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 165g/5 1/2 oz Plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 30g/1 1/2oz Cocoa Powder
- 100g/3 1/2 oz White chocolate chips
- 100g/3 1/2 oz Dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 190 oc or gas mark 5 and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
3. Once combined, add the egg and vanilla, mix well. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder – this should form a stiff dough.
4. Add the chocolate chips. I don’t tend to buy chocolate chips instead I use a chocolate bar! (cheaper and generally better quality!). Just use a strong knife to chop the chocolate up in to little homemade chips.
5. Using a dessert spoon scoop up even balls of mixture, put them on the tray (fairly spaced apart) and press gently down using a fork. And that’s it! A super easy recipe! Bake them for around 10-12 minutes (they should be just starting to crack when you get them out). The cookies will seem soft but leave them to cool and they will be perfect :).
To Your Inbox