I love breakfast & I have admitted it’s my favorite time of the day especially when I know I have this chilled oats recipe to look forward too! Then I always have some get up & go!
This is a love it or hate it recipe, some people cannot understand ‘cold porridge’ but I am in love with it – it’s so creamy! Its a super way to start the day. This recipe can be tailored to suit your dietary requirement, likes and dislikes :). Oats are low -fat, high fiber and release energy slowly – great before a day at work or a session in the gym.
I top my creamy oats with fruit (well…It counts towards your 5 a day!) and honey, but maple syrup, seeds, dried fruits would also be perfect 😉
Servings: 1 Prep Time: 2mins Difficulty: Easy
- 45g/ 2oz Porridge Oats
- 125ml Hazelnut milk (Or almond, Soya or regular milk)
- 2 Tablespoon Natural Yoghurt (Or, if you fancy greek style, strawberry or none at all)
- A handful of strawberries & Blueberries (or your choice of fruit, seeds…et)
- 2 Teaspoon Honey
3. Cover you bowl with clingfilm and chill over night.
4. Rise and shine 😀 and there you have it! Chilled oats ready to top with strawberries, blueberries & honey or your choice of fruit and nuts!!
To Your Inbox