Ok so if you know me you will know I am big on healthy eating but after a long weeks work I will admit that I am weak for these for my breakfast! Perfect for those weekend mornings.They are simple, tasty and easy. I love to add blueberries or chocolate drops to mine, how do you like yours??
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 2mins Cooking Time: 3-4mins Type: Breakfast Difficulty: Easy
- 100g / 4oz Self Raising Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 50g / 2oz Sugar
- 1 egg
- 4-6 Tablespoons Milk
- To start, mix all of your dry ingredients together.
- Add your egg and milk. Your mixture needs to be a batter consistency so I suggest you add the milk slowly until you get the right thickness. Sometimes you may need to add more milk or use less.
- Once your mixture is ready put a little oil in a frying pan and warm up (stick to a medium heat), using a ladle drop the mixture into the pan, you should be able to cook 2 – 3 in one go. Once you see lots of little bubbles on your dropped scones (takes around 2 mins) flip over and further cook for another 2 mins.
- If you fancy a variation you could add chocolate drops or blueberries to your mixture before you cook them! I personally love adding blueberries 🙂
- Once cooked, you can now enjoy! Have them plain, with butter, jam, chocolate spread! The choice is yours!
To Your Inbox