I am in love this Homemade Chocolate Protein Granola recipe, it is so sweetly satisfying and super easy to forget it’s healthy 😉
My mum often used to make homemade granola and I’ve always been a fan of shop bought ones. I ended up making this recipe because my partner doesn’t always have breakfast and is very picky with what he eats…we ended up spending quite a lot of money on shop bought granola that he actually liked, but lets be honest, you never seem to get a lot in them and they are full of sugar! So I thought I would make some of my own.
I’ve used Optimum Health Chocolate Milk Whey Protein in this recipe – this is only because my partner and I weight lift and it’s a great way of getting protein in our bodies first thing! We use Optimum Health Protein Powder which you can get off Amazon. It isn’t a necessary part of the recipe, if you don’t want to use it, I suggest using a tablespoon of Cocoa powder and if it’s too bitter add a little bit of brown sugar to suit your taste.
For added nutrition I’ve added mixed seeds, pecans and dates. But you can use anything that you want. The dates are great though as they go all chewy and just mix up the texture – yum :).
I used coconut butter in this recipe which I got off Amazon – but Coconut oil or olive oil will do.
How do you like yours?! I would love to know.
Prep Time 5mins Cook Time: 20 mins Difficulty: Easy
- 250g / 4oz Porridge Oats
- 150g / 3oz Mix of Seeds, Nuts, Dried Fruit ( I used Seeds, Pecans and Chopped Dates)
- 40g / 1oz Coconut Butter (melted) – You could use coconut oil or olive oil.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Honey (Be generous)
- 2 Scoops Optimum Health Chocolate Milk Whey Protein Powder
- 2 Teaspoon 60% Cocoa Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc or gas mark 4. Get your tray out ready – no need to grease or line it.
3. If your using coconut butter or oil, melt it in the microwave and add to your oats. Mix well.
4. Add the olive oil and honey – make sure it’s all mixed in and all the oats are covered and sticky.
5. Spread your oats on to the tray ready to go in the oven. My granola takes about 20 mins to cook – please make sure you stir it every 7 mins to prevent burning and making sure it has an even bake. Enjoy with milk, yogurt or as a snack :).
To Your Inbox