Like many people I have a really big sweet tooth and when I bake at work with the children I nearly always come away wanting what they have made. Last week they made a gorgeous rocky road which left me with bad cravings! So I decided that I would make a slightly healthier version 🙂
I’m not saying this version is super healthy or fat free but I have used dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, rice crispy’s instead of biscuits and a mix of fruit and nuts instead of jelly sweets. I would love your opinion on this recipe OR how do you make yours?? Let me know by leaving a comment at the end of the page :). My boyfriend and I really enjoyed these as they were gone within a few days!
Makes 12 Prep Time 10mins Difficulty: Easy
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Freedom (or honey, agarve syrup)
- 50g Marshmallows
- 70g Rice Crispys
- 70g Mix of Fruit & Nuts (I used flaked almonds, resins and pecans)
1. Line your baking tray with grease-proof paper.
2. Break up your chocolate and melt in a bowl above a pan half full of hot water on the hob.
3. Add your sweetener syrup and marshmallows to melt. This is where I need your advice because I added 1 tablespoon of olive oil to loosen the mixture but looking back I don’t think it needed it (which is why I haven’t added on to the ingredients list). If you think your chocolate mixture needs loosen instead I would just add a little knob of butter to melt not olive oil. If you do anything differently please let me know how it went 🙂
5. Pour you lovely mixture into the baking tray and leave to chill for around an hour. Once chilled cut up in to 12 pieces and enjoy 🙂
To Your Inbox