This is a quick, fuss free & guilt free dish! Inspired by my newly found love of Quark. I really wanted to make something that would seem indulgent a little more guilt free 🙂
The Lake District Dairy Quark is a soft cheese that is naturally fat free and very high in protein – per 100g it contains 11.6g of protein! 🙂 I’ve really taken a fancy to the stuff, it’s great on bagels, with fajitas and now I’ve found it makes a great creamy pasta sauce. I have heard that Quark can be hard to cook as it can split. I haven’t found that but when making this dish be careful not to boil your sauce to prevent splitting :). I also have heard when cooking Quark it is also recommended to add something else to it (fromage frais or creme fraiche). So I choose Yeo Valley Half Fat Creme Friache as I’ve cooked with creme friache before so felt safe so doing it :). The great thing about the sauce is flavour can be added in to it, so you can make it as peppery or as cheesy as you wish.
I want to one day make my own pasta, but all in good time! So I choose to use fresh pasta in this Low-fat Creamy Pepper Prawn Tagliatelle recipe, it is super quick to cook and I think it does have a nicer taste compared to dried pasta. Dried pasta would work as well if that’s what you have in! I also used frozen prawns that I defrosted over night in the fridge and they were perfectly good.
Serve your tagliatelle with some garlic bread and a glass of wine 😉
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 5-8mins Difficulty: Easy
- 200g./5oz Quark
- 2 Tablespoons Haft Fat Creme Fraiche
- Half an Onion (finely diced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 20g/1oz Grated Parmasen
- 1 Teaspoon Olive oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Parsely
- 400g/9oz Jumbo King Prawns
- 250g/6oz Fresh Tagliatelle
2. Add your prawns and just blast the heat a little to make sure they are quickly cooked. After about 2 mins, turn your heat down to low for around 3 mins (let the pan cool a little) & season with lots of cracked black pepper and a pinch of salt.
3. Tip your pasta in to your boiling water and leave for around 3 -4 mins.
4. Whilst your pasta is cooking add your Quark, Creme Friache, parsley & parmasan. Cook gently on a low heat.
5. Once your pasta is done, drain well and toss into your sauce, season again to your liking (I personally added lots of pepper :)). Gently toss your pasta so it gets a nice light and even coating. Serve it up with garlic bread and a glass of wine :).
To Your Inbox