It’s past the middle of November now – so in my books it’s time to start getting festive 😀 So here is an amazing and cute little Melted Snowman Cupcake Recipe!
The idea I had before I made these was a really sweet cake with simple but decorative topping – and luckily, that’s how they turned out. Last Christmas I got a present that was very thoughtful and different to anything else I had been given – Vanilla sugar. This is a great gift for people and a great idea, all it is is sugar in a jar which is infused with a vanilla pod (which if left in there so you can refill the sugar as many times as you need). This gift is very sweet, and the best way I have found to use this sugar is in plain or vanilla cakes and trust me it will just leave others thinking how you got your cakes so sweet.
Servings: 11 Prep Time 8 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Decorate Time: 10 mins Difficulty: Medium
- 120g / 3oz Vanilla Sugar (or normal sugar if you don’t have any)
- 120g / 30oz Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 120g / 3oz Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
For the Topping
- 250g / 6oz Icing Sugar
- 2 – 3 Tablespoon of Water
- Large Marshmallows ( I used Haribo’s)
- A small Black Icing Pen ( I used Dr Oetker)
- A packet of Strawberry Laces
- A packet of Cadbury’s Caramel Nibbles
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc or gas mark 4. Line your bun tin with cake cases.
4. Add the vanilla extract, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
6. Bake for around 15 mins. ( To test if there cooked simply prick with a fork, if the fork comes out clean they are ready. If the fork comes out sticky they need a little longer)
8. Once cooled it’s time to start making the icing. Sift the icing in to bowl and slowly add a little of the water. Keep adding the water until you have a spreadable consistency.
11. Carefully take the end of the marshmallow and melt over the hob (if you have a gas cooker) or use a lighter.
13. Half your strawberry lace and make a scarf around the snowman. Then nip off a very little bit off the un-used lace and push in to the marshmallow to make a nose. Using a little bit of jam, spread on the snowman’s head and stick on a Cadbury Caramel nibble. (My snowmen look like there wearing berets! hehe)
And there you have it! I have also lightly sprinkled the cakes with a sugar for a textured effect. These will certainly get everyone’s attention!
To Your Inbox