This is a fab way of using up any left over bananas at the end of the week! Its very moist and lovely with a cuppa. If your making it just for yourself (I’m generally the only one who eats it at mine!) it is also freezable.
By Donna Hay
Prep Time: 10mins Cooking Time: 60mins Type: Loaf Difficulty: Easy
- 220g Plain flour
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 80g Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 125ml Vegetable oil
- 3 Ripe mashed bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 160c or gas mark 2 and a half.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, both sugars, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix.
3. Make a well in your bowl and add the eggs, oil and mashed bananas. Mix well.
4. Pour your mixture into a loaf tin and sprinkle brown sugar on the top.
5. Bake for around an hour, keep checking to make sure the top isn’t burning. If it is simply place baking paper on top of your loaf.
To Your Inbox