So its mid week and your getting pretty bored deciding what on earth to make tonight. Well look no further, this oriental chicken and cashew nut stir fry recipe will certainly brighten up those mid week evening meals. And the best part is it will only take 10 minute to cook!
To make this dish you can marinade your chicken for 30 minutes before cooking time, but if your short on time then it also tastes great without! If you are going to marinade your chicken just use 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of Chinese 5 spice and mix well all over your chicken.
This meal is a family favorite and we also often make it on a Saturday night 🙂 It would go lovely with some prawn crackers and spring rolls on the side. Yum! I hope you enjoy it as much as me!Please leave any feedback by adding a comment at the bottom of the page.
Makes 4 Prep Time 30 mins if marinading or 10 mins without Cook Time 10 mins Difficulty Easy
- 1 Onion – diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves – diced
- Small thumbnail sized piece of Ginger – finely chopped
- 400g Broccoli (frozen or fresh)
- 2 Handfuls of Cashew Nuts
- 4 Chicken Breasts – roughly chopped
- 150g Chestnut Mushrooms – roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame seed oil
- 3 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1 Spring Onion – diced
- Oil for frying
- Enough noodles for 4 people
- If you are marinading your chicken then you will need 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of 5 spice extra than listed on the ingredients. Mix these extra ingredients all over the chopped chicken pieces and leave to chill for 30 minutes. (If you don’t have an extra 30 minutes then it will still taste great without marinading)
- Chop the onion, garlic and ginger and gently fry in the oil in your Wok (or frying pan) for around 2 minutes. Add the chicken and gently brown.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms and cashew nuts and turn up the heat. Keep stirring for 2-3minuites.
- Drizzle in the sesame seed oil, soy sauce and sprinkle the Chinese 5 spice. Cook for a further 5 minutes (on a high heat).
- Lastly, add the spring onion and cook for the final minute.6. Serve your delicious stir fry st right away with helping of noodles. To add that extra oriental feeling why not attempt tot eat with chop sticks :).
To Your Inbox