This is another one of those fantastic easy go to recipes for mid week tea for two reasons. 1. It tastes so good and is a great fix mid week. 2. I generally always have the ingredients in.
I first found out about this quick and tasty chicken curry recipe from a work mate who kindly let me taste her lunch (I was very jealous it wasn’t mine) and since I wrote it down I must make it at least every other week.
Another great thing about this recipe is it can be altered in so many ways to suit all people or to use up various ingredients. A couple of weeks ago I used cashew nut butter instead of peanut and I also threw in lots of cashews that needed using up. Also instead of using chicken I just added another pepper to the ingredients as well as the nuts. Part boiled cauliflower is also great for vegetarian curries! The curry paste I tend to use is Tikka Masala, however Rogan Josh works well too. If you use a different paste then let me know the results by adding a comment at the bottom of the page.I hope this recipe works well as a mid week treat enjoyed with a nice cold beer 🙂
Makes 4 portions Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 20 mins Difficulty Easy
- 2 Tablespoon Tikka Masala Paste (or Rogan Josh)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Peanut Butter (or cashew)
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts (Chopped into bite sized pieces)
- 1 Can Chickpeas (drainend)
- 1 Red Pepper (Diced)
- 2 Teaspoon Oil
- Rice to feed 4.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the curry paste. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk to the paste and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces, chickpeas and peppers. Cook through for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally so nothing sticks and the chicken cooks through.
- Whilst the curry is cooking boil the rice.
- When everything is cooked, plate up the rice and serve a generous amount of curry on top. Garnish with fresh coriander. Delicious!
To Your Inbox