This is one of my favourite recipes at the moment! Perfect for a dinner party, or just for a nutritious, quick meal. This super food vegetable pasta recipe is full of goodness with a few carbs for extra energy. I’ve stuck to mainly green vegetables (with the odd tomato for colour :)) as I’ve heard the green ones are the best for you (can anyone enlighten me if this is true??). But you can play around with this recipe and make your own version using pretty much any veg you have in the fridge. I also added some pine nuts for extra texture but cashews or peanuts would work 🙂
This vegetable pasta is coated in a gorgeous creamy sauce but don’t be put off with the fat in the cream, it is after all only a very small amount 🙂 And think about all the vitamins and goodness you are getting from all the veg 🙂 My advice is too eat this fresh as the pasta will soak up the sauce. If you also want to make it extra saucy then just add a dash or two more of milk or cream – it will be fine.
I really hope you enjoy this one, it is so simple yet so tasty! Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page, I would love to hear off you.
Servings 6 Prep Time 10mins Cook Time 8-10mins (plus 20 extra mins for the pasta) Difficulty: Easy
- 150g Asparagus (chopped)
- 1 Leek (sliced)
- 1 Green Pepper (Chopped)
- 120g Mushrooms (Chopped)
- A good sprinkle of frozen peas
- 1 Handful of Pine Nuts
- 2 Tomatoes (quartered) (or 4 -5 cherry tomatoes would be lovely)
- 100g Milk
- 100g Double Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Knob of Butter
- 300g Pasta
- Fresh Parmesan to serve (optional)
1.Boil up some water and pour into a large pan. Add your pasta and leave on a medium heat to cook for around 20 mins.
2. Roughly chop your asparagus and pop in to another pan of boiling salted water and simmer for 2 minutes. Quickly drain and run under cold water to refresh them.
3. Roughly chop up all of your vegetables.
4. Melt the butter in the frying pan. Add your vegetables (including asparagus) & pine nuts to the pan and lightly fry for 2 – 3 mins.
5. Measure your milk and cream and pour on to the vegtables, give it a good stir. (If you would like more sauce just add more milk or cream :))
6. Add the smoked paprika, parsley and season your creamy vegetables. Leave to lightly cook on a medium heat for 5 mins.
7. Once cooked, take off the heat. Drain your pasta and serve up in to your portions. Spoon equal amounts of creamy vegetables over the pasta and serve with fresh grated Parmesan.
There you have it, lovely, quick and gorgeous Super Food Pasta 🙂
Go the extra mile and grow your own veg with the help of Garden.eco some really helpful advice on here.
A list of alternative healthy vegetables you could include by Healthline.
To Your Inbox