This cake is a classic, an all time favourite, and I do not know how any one could resist a piece. Just thinking about this cake gets my taste buds tingling!
The great thing about this Luscious Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe is how easy it is to make and how little ingredients you need, all you will need is butter, sugar, flour, eggs and lemon. It makes the saying ‘less is more’ so very true. This cake is sweet with a lovely crispy sugar coating, it just melts in your mouth.
Some may think this cake is perfect for Summer, but if you ask me it’s great all through the year, I’m sure no one would complain if you turned up with this gorgeous bake as a gift.
Prep Time 8 mins Cook Time: 35-45 mins Difficulty: Easy
- 200g / 5oz Butter
- 200g / 5oz Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 200g / 5oz Self Rasing Flour
- Zest of one Lemon
- Dash of Lemon Juice
For the Drizzle:
- 80g /2oz Sugar
- Juice of one Lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc or gas mark 4. Grease your loaf tin well (you can use grease proof paper if you like – I find it hard to get a straight edge)
4. Sift in the flour and mix well.
6. Pour your mixture in to the loaf tin and tap it on your work surface so it evens out. Bake for around 35-45 minutes. This is a long bake and if you find the middle isn’t cooked but your worried about the top burning just pop some grease proof paper over the top to prevent it from burning.
7. Once baked leave to cool. To make your drizzle mix together your sugar and lemon juice.
8. Prick your cake all over with a fork (so the drizzle can soak in to the cake) and pour all over our sweet lemon juice and enjoy.
To Your Inbox