Breakfast is so important, do not skip it! I do wonder how can anyone go without, when you can make gorgeous things like this Apple Almond Porridge Recipe and start your day off happy and satisfied :).
Apples are all around us for Autumn so you should be able to get some good deals at the supermarkets. I picked up the apples that were on offer, any type of apple will work.
This breakfast is low -fat and releases energy slowly. Furthermore it is a perfect warmer for those crisp, cold frosty mornings to come. Not only that but it includes one of your 5-a-day AND Almonds have lots of health benefits. Not only do almonds lower cholesterol, they can help reduce heart attacks, provide healthy fats, helps with weight loss and are a source of protein!(Awesome! as I struggle with getting protein in at breakfast).
This porridge takes 2 minutes to cook and turns out flawless every time.
– Now how’s that for an ultimate start to the day?!
Servings: 1 Prep Time: 2 mins Cook Time: 2 mins Difficulty: Easy
- 20g / 1oz Porridge Oats
- 100 ml Skimmed milk (or your choice of milk)
- 50 ml Water
- 1 Apple (grated)
- 1 Tablespoon Ground or Flaked Almonds
1. Measure out your oats (roughly ends up measuring to the same as 5 heaped dessert spoonfuls of oats) and put in your bowl. Measure your milk & add to your oats. Measure your water and add to your oats.
2. Pop your oats in to the microwave and cook for 2 mins.
3. Whilst cooking grate your apple to the core.
4. When your microwave pings, give your oats a stir and cook for a further minute.
5. After the second ping, take your oats out and stir in your grated apple and ground almond. Enjoy whilst it’s hot. Try adding maple syrup on top, it’s so good!! 😀
To Your Inbox